Are you excited about the possibilities of virtual and augmented reality? Passionate about using cutting-edge technologies to solve challenging problems? Interaptix is looking for 12-16 month Professional Experience Year (PEY) Interns to join our team!
You will work alongside our core team of engineers. If you want to work on the next generation of mixed reality (AR/VR) platforms, here’s what we expect of our interns:
- Owning every task you’re assigned.
- Bringing your strong work ethic and creative problem-solving skills to work every day
- Integrating various hardware and software systems
- Researching and prototyping cutting edge algorithms
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing
You must have:
- Strong programming skills
- Good understanding of software engineering principles and Object-Oriented Programming
- Background in computer science, mechatronics, software or computer engineering (or related field)
Also nice to have:
- Experience with ARCore and/or ARKit
- Advanced knowledge of database products such as MYSQL, DynamoDB or Postgres
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
- Experience working on image processing techniques
- Experience with designing and building applications using AWS services or Azure services.
- Experience with web-native frameworks like React Native or Angular Native.
- Good experience with Continuous integration and continuous delivery
Interaptix is a venture-backed augmented reality company working at the intersection of mixed reality, HCI, machine learning, and computer vision to fundamentally revolutionize how people interact with the world and one another. With its headquarters in downtown Toronto, Interaptix is funded by some of the most prominent tech investors and entrepreneurs. If you believe that augmented reality will be an integral part of the next computing platform and are passionate about making an impact in this exciting space, join our growing team in building new realities!
How to reach us (read carefully!)
If you want to grab our attention, include a resume, transcripts, cover letter and samples of your work.
- Resume: We don’t want to see the same old resume – make sure to highlight the skills and talents that make you the right person.
- Transcripts: You must include an updated copy of your transcripts with your application by attaching it to your resume.
- Cover letter: Forget the generic ‘Dear Hiring Manager’ or ‘To whom it may concern’ greeting. Share your passion for this exciting industry with us!
- Samples: Please include descriptions and links to examples of your best work (Github, Bitbucket, videos, etc.).
- Include the keyword BANANA somewhere in your application, to let us know you’ve read this entire posting :)